Regular dental cleanings and check-ups are crucial as they help keep your teeth and gums perfect. They also help to identify diseases, irregularities, and early signs of decay. A person should have regular dental cleaning and consultation at least twice a year.
What are some benefits of regular Dental Cleaning and Consultation?
- Regular consultation and check-ups with your dentist will help prevent the development of plaque, tartar, cavities, and tooth decay. The dentist will meticulously examine the patient’s teeth. If they find any cavities on the teeth, they will put the patient on fluoride treatment to avert the decay and treat larger cavities with dental fillings.
- Regular check-ups and a good dental care routine will keep your mouth healthy and prevent inflammation, infection, decay, and tooth loss.
- An X-ray may also be taken, which will provide a more detailed summary of your oral health and associated problems.
- With the help of dental cleanings, one can avoid cavities. Brushing and flossing your teeth at home is good, but there are always spots in your mouth that cannot be cleaned independently. The dentist will have the benefit of being able to see the entire oral cavity to remove plaque and bacteria from the teeth’ surface.
- During a dental cleaning, the plaque is removed from the surfaces of the teeth and along your gum line. If the plaque is not extracted, it can begin to harden and become tartar. Both plaque and tartar can lead to gingivitis and other periodontal diseases.
- Dental cleaning will assist you in keeping your natural teeth intact. The gum diseases should be detected and treated, as otherwise, the advanced periodontitis can begin to weaken the ligaments and bone structure beneath your gums that support your teeth. Due to this, the teeth may start to loosen, leading to the need for extraction.
- There are so many types of foods and beverages that we eat the whole day, and they can leave stains on the enamel surfaces of our teeth. The fluoride and whitening toothpaste you use at home are helpful, but they cannot be compared with the professional cleaning and polishing provided by the dentist.
- A dental cleaning along with consultation with your dentist might help you save some precious time and money. If any problems are identified, such as a cavity or gum disease, treating them promptly will always be less expensive and time-consuming.
Call Lanham Smiles family dentistry at (301) 459-0914 or schedule an online appointment to know more about Dental Cleaning & Consultation.